Team Maureen hosted a theatrical screening of Someone You Love: The HPV Epidemic on January 5, 2015 at the Falmouth Cinema Pub on Teaticket Hwy in Falmouth, MA. This poignant and powerful documentary shines light on the risks, myths, and hard truths of this widespread epidemic. Guest speaker and cancer survivor, Christine Baze of the Yellow Umbrella, who is highlighed in the documentary spoke about her experience working on the film!
If you missed this free event, the movie is now available for home screenings at http://hpvepidemic.vhx.tv/
SHARING THE IMPORTANCE OF VACCINES AND SCREENINGS
Team Maureen takes to the road, attending events all over Massachusetts where we can education the general public about cervical and other HPV related cancers. Find out where we will be next by visiting our event calendar.
The goals of our outreach efforts are:
- To increase the general public’s understanding of cervical and other HPV related cancers
- To increase the general public’s knowledge of how to prevent HPV related cancers through vaccine and screenings
- To decrease the stigma associated with cervical cancer
- To offer current scientific evidence about HPV related cancers
- To offer current scientific research on the safety of the HPV vaccine
WANT TO SUPPORT OUR OUTREACH EFFORTS? MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DOANTION TODAY.